Club Championships 2024
Members’ best 8 age-graded results from 15 races nominated below by the EGRC Committee will qualify for the Club Championships.
Club Championship Races 2024:
|1||Eastville parkrun||13th and 27th January||5K||Eastville parkrun|
|2||Bowerhill Bomber||3rd March||10K||https://www.entrycentral.com/festival/1547|
|3||Frampton Globe Trot||23rd March||8 miles||FCCE Frampton Globe Trot 2024|
|4||Any marathon||April||26.2 miles||Newport Marathon: ABP Newport Wales|
|5||Frenchay 10K||14th April||10K|
|6||GWR Towpath Series (Race 3)||17th May (tbc)||10K|
|7||Hogweed Trot||3rd June||10K||Hogweed Trot 10k 2024|
|8||Chew Valley 10K
|9||Event at Thursday Club session||20th June||~10K|
|10||Hazelbury Hurrah!||12th July (tbc)||6 miles|
|11||Barry Island 10K||4th August (tbc)||10K|
||Bridgwater Half||1st September||13.1 miles||Bridgwater Half Marathon|
|13||Keynsham Dandy||20th October (tbc)||12 miles|
|14||Cardiff Trail Half||10th November||13.1 miles|
|15||Christmas Tree Run||15th December (tbc)||5 miles|
All EGRC competitors in any race will be age-graded (globally recognised system of athlete comparison – click here for more details) and scored as follows:
- 1st place to 15th place: 20 points descending to 6 points for 15th.
- Any other EGRC runner completing the race: 5 points.
SOLO events are either self-timed or run as a time trial. Where self-timed, we will publish a Strava segment to match to, and require a GPS activity link as a results submission – ideally to the Strava segment itself.
The age-grading calculator we use for the Club Championships changed for 2022 onwards and can be found here.
- No pre-registration with EGRC required.
- Participants must be paid up members of EGRC at the time of the race in order to qualify.
- Participants need not be affiliated to England Athletics to qualify.
- Participants are expected to wear Club Kit when racing (unless otherwise stated).
A presentation for the Club Championships will take place at Emersons Green Running Club’s AGM each year.